We have made it clear where we stand on PCCs.
As we get every closer to the elections & with the prospect of a 3rd candidate entering the campaign in North Yorkshire there reman some unasnwered questions which the public should have answers to from all candidates:
- How will candidates reduce the cost of the ‘back office’ support currently provided to the Police Authority?
- How will candidates ensure they engage with all sections of the public – not just the handful who can attend meetings during office hours on a weekday?
- How will they move the police service back to its Peelian principles instead of one which is micro-managed around what gets measured gets done?
- How will candidates engage with rank and file officers / staff and their representative bodies?
- Will PCC candidates agree to take part in live hustings hosted by either local BBC or local commercial tv / radio so that electorat can get feel for exactly who they are and what they stand for?